The Guangzhou Award, established by United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS) and City of Guangzhou, is open to all the cities and local authorities
The deadline for the applications is on 31 August 2018 at 23:59:59 (UTC +8:00). The participation in the Guangzhou Award can give to cities / local governments the possibility to obtain:
• USD20,000, a trophy, a commemorative certificate – for winning cities / local governments only:
• Roundtrip air tickets to and accommodation in Guangzhou during the final assessment – for shortlisted cities / local governments only;
• An invitation to the 2018 Guangzhou International Urban Innovation Conference;
• Prioritized access to other international events organized by the Secretariat of Guangzhou Award, such as workshops, seminars, and study tours that address the issue of urban innovation – a good opportunity to promote both the city and the initiative;
• Exchange with peers as well as representatives from business and academia;
• Global exposure.
For more information see the Guangzhou Award website.