EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, offers a work experience placement in the area of European funding for integrated urban development for six months starting beginning of October 2017.
The candidate will support the EUROCITIES projects team.
Supporting the EUROCITIES projects team.
- general assistance to the project team, on ad hoc basis
- preparation of funding and financing information documents
- assisting in the preparation of new project proposals
- assist in gathering and updating of information and contacts related to the EU Institutions
- assist in the organisation of workshops and events
- draft of articles and reports
- university degree in a relevant field
- pro-active and reliable with good organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- basic knowledge of EU funding programmes and institutions an asset
- good English, oral and written
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- ability to carry edit reports and synthesize key information
- flexibility and interest to work on several policy and projects related to urban development
- insights into the daily work of a projects team, working on key projects and initiatives related to urban development
- a dynamic and international working environment
- assistance with living expenses up to €200 per month under the Belgian legislation
- assistance with local public transport expenses
- assistance with lunch expenses
- a Belgian mobile phone number, with credits for calls and internet
How to apply:
Send a detailed CV and cover letter in Pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00, Monday 18 September 2017, with the subject “WEP Project”.
In the motivational letter, please write a short paragraph on “How European funded projects can impact integrated urban development”.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at the end of September. The projected starting date of the internship is October 2017, for a period of 6 months.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.