On the 4th of June starting at 14.00 we will present our smart cities project “CITYkeys” and the Green Digital Charter at Smart City Event Amsterdam.
Amsterdam will host the Smart City Event for the fifth time on 2-5 June 2015. This large scale European conference gathers cities, system operators, energy companies, industrial organisations and technological parties. They come together to share knowledge on how to achieve a smart city. Projects that demonstrate climate ambition and energy transition are the main focus of the event.
On the 4th of June starting at 14.00 we will present our smart cities project “CITYkeys” and the Green Digital Charter.
Miimu Airaksinen, Research Professor for Eco efficient Built Environment at VTT, Technical Research Centre of Finland will present the Horizon 2020 funded project CITYkeys.
The project focuses on developing and validating, together with cities, performance indicators and data collection procedures that will be used for the common and transparent monitoring of Smart City projects (initatives/actions) and solutions across European cities.
- The CITYkeys project, the European Union support action for smart city performance measurement system
- Key performance indicators for smart city projects
- Performance measurement framework, Data sets & data collection
Nikolaos Kontinakis, Projects Coordinator at EUROCITIES will present the Green Digital Charter, the EUROCITIES initiative promoting progress in tackling climate change through the innovative use of digital technologies in cities.
- use of ICT solutions for Energy Efficiency;
- The Green Digital Charter toolkit pathways and tools for city representatives to both assess their green digital position and enable delivery of green and digital actions;
- The supporting project GuiDanCe, opportunities for knowledge exchange and cooperation
The participation to this side event is free of charge.
EUROCITIES will also be present in Amsterdam with two events taking place on 3rd of June:
Round table session n 18 (3 times between 14.00 and 16.05)
“Open Data, the engine of our smart cities”
Bart Rosseau, Data & Information, City of Ghent, Chair of the Open Data KSF working group, EUROCITIES
- Cities’ primary role in open data reuse;
- Cities’ challenges;
- Examples of open data in European cities.
At 16.55 Anna Lisa Boni, EUROCITIES Secretary General presents “Cities in Action”.
- Introduction, EUROCITIES vision of smart cities and remaining challenges for cities;
- Positive examples of smart cities;
- Recent developments of EU activities: Digital Single Market strategy and Energy Union.
As a result of our partnership, our members can enjoy a 20% discount on registration by clicking here or by visiting this link and using the code ‘Eurocities’. The discount will be applied on your invoice.
More information about the program, speakers and excursions can be found at www.smartcityevent.com.