City life starts at 6pm! The night time economy is a key cultural and economic driver in cities. It is a powerful tool to increase the city’s attractiveness, to develop its cultural offer and to create jobs.
Urban nights have become open platforms for innovation. The night time economy requires management policies and structures, just as the day time economy; front running cities are developing new strategies to connect the different urban policies linked to the night.
What are the ingredients for thriving nightlife in cities? How can we manage vibrant and safe 24-hour economies? These questions will be discussed with:
- Shain Shapiro, the founder and CEO of Sound Diplomacy, the leading global advisor on growing music and night time economies in cities and places.
- Frédéric Hocquard, Paris’ deputy mayor in charge of night time policies, who works to reconcile different types of night activities.
- Welcome by Delphine Houba, Alderwoman of culture, tourism, big events and municipal equipment, city of Brussels
- Introduction by Anna Lisa Boni, EUROCITIES secretary general
Shain Shapiro, Founder & president of Sound Diplomacy
Frédéric Hocquard, Deputy mayor for night time policies, city of Paris
- Discussion with the audience
Please already save the date! You will receive soon further details on the event.