The 'Global smart city summit - real solutions for cities' is part of the 2018 International Business Festival - www.internationlbusinessfestival.com
Created by the UK Government, the 3rd edition of the world’s biggest business event takes place in Liverpool on 12-28 June. Under the patronage of HRH, the Duke of Cambridge the event will bring together 31,000 attendees. Festival Partners include HSBC, British Airways and the BBC.
The 2-day Smart Cities Realised Summit will take place on 13-14 June and will focus on case studies of real and deployed/deployable solutions from cities around the world. Running across the 2 days will also be 5 Mayor’s Challenges – around current issues that cities face, winning companies will get the chance to implement their ideas by signing contracts with the City of Liverpool as well as sharing vital information with all the other cities in attendance.
- Theo Blackwell, Chief Digital Officer, Greater London Authority, UK
- Ger Baron, Chief Technology Officer, City of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Bob Bennett, Chief Innovation Officer, City of Kansas, USA
- Shawn Slack, Chief Information Officer, City of Mississauga, Canada
- Jamie Cudden, Smart Cities Director, City of Dublin, Ireland
- Jonathan Reichental, Chief Information Officer, City of Palo Alto, USA
- Peter Adelskamp, Chief Digital Officer, City of Dusseldorf, Germany
- Lennert Middelkoop, Director of Urban Planning, City of Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Joe Anderson, Mayor, City of Liverpool, UK
- Kevin Burns, Chief Information Officer, City of Miami, USA
Covering smart city administration, smart transportation and the city environment, smart energy, mobility and health, and delivering better liveability the event will be very practical and interactive.
Attendance at the Smart Cities Summit of course gives you access to all the other elements of the International Business Festival. Free to attend for officials - Up to 5 VIP guest passes available for each council/city/region/government officials