Do not miss out on the launch of our new EUROCITIES initiative ‘Inclusive Cities for All: Social Rights in My City’ in the European Parliament on 21 February from 10.00 - 12.30.
We will be announcing 21 city pledges to the European Pillar of Social Rights and we will launch a new EUROCITIES report with recent evidence on 'Cities delivering social rights'.
15 deputy mayors will debate with MEPs and EU officials on how to further support the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights at local level. We will discuss opportunities for better synergy between local, national and EU-level policy-makers and with civil society on how to ensure equal opportunities and social rights for all people. The outcomes of the debates will feed into upcoming EUROCITIES recommendations for the future of social Europe.
Our confirmed high-level speakers include:
- MEP Udo Bullmann, President of S&D Group
- MEP, Maria João Rodrigues, Vice-President of S&D Group and rapporteur on the European Pillar of Social RightS
- MEP Jan Olbrycht, President of the Urban Intergroup
- MEP Agnes Jongerius, Vice-Chair of EMPL committee
- Katarina Ivanković-Knežević, Director for Social Affairs of DG EMPL, European Commission
Cannot join in person? No problem, view the event live and listen to the debate from 10.00 - 12.30 AM:
Follow us on Twitter and contribute to the debate via #inclusivecities4all @EUROCITIEStweet