This week, Nantes became the nineth city to pledge to the EU Pillar of Social Rights. Deputy Mayor Abbassia Hakem signed a strong commitment on principle 19 on housing and assistance for homeless.
Nantes is committed to improve access to adequate housing by:
- building 5,000 new housing units each year
- putting forward a housing offer made of 25% social housing and 25% affordable housing unit that can be bought
- offering access to adequate housing for all inhabitants, including Roma and Travellers
With these goals in mind, Nantes will invest in Housing First in 2019-2025 to provide:
- 300 places in conventional social housing
- 100 places in transition centres
- 50 places in hospitality centres
- 150 places in a housing scheme for people with mental health problems
Read the full pledge below.