Within the framework of our new EUROCITIES initiative 'Inclusive Cities for All: Social Rights in My City', 21 cities have adopted pledges showing how they act to translate the principles of the European Pillar of Social Rights into actions to improve people's lives.
Our initiative mobilises mayors and deputy mayors from big cities across Europe to implement the principles of the European Pillar of Social Rights at local level. Our goal is to build a fairer, more equal and inclusive Europe with inclusive cities for all people.
We will officially launch this initiative at the European Parliament on 21 February. Tune in to view the event live from 10.00 - 12.30 here: http://bit.ly/inclusivecities4all
Here is an overview of the 21 cities that have already adopted pledges on different principles of the European Pillar of Social Rights:
- Madrid - pledge on principles 4 and 11
- Stuttgart - pledge on principle 17
- Gothenburg - pledge on principle 1
- Ljubljana - pledge on principles 16 and 19, pledge on principle 17
- Braga - pledge on principle 18
- Vienna - pledge on principle 2
- Barcelona - pledge on principles 14 and 19
- Timisoara - pledge on principles 11, 18 and 19
- Nantes - pledge on principle 19
- Leipzig - pledge on principle 19
- Warsaw - pledge on principle 11
- Turku - pledge on principles 3 and 4
- Athens - pledge on principles 1 and 3
- Leeds - pledge on principles 3 and 11
- Ghent - pledge on principle 19
- Glasgow - pledge on principle 19
- Lille metropole - pledge on principles 3, 4 and 5
- Milan - pledge on principle 3
- Malmo - pledge on principles 3 and 4
- Utrecht - pledge on principle 19
- Lyon metropole - pledge on principles 2, 4, 9, 11 and 19
EUROCITIES will continue this campaign throughout 2019 as part of its strategic partnership with the European Commission under the Employment and Social Innovation programme. We aim to gather as many city pledges on different principles of the European Pillar of Social Rights as possible.
Your city can also join with a pledge anytime in 2019 to show what it means to be an inclusive city for all!
If interested to join with a pledge, contact EUROCITIES.